Here is a little countdown timer I developed for Hataken to help in timing mini gigs.
It work like this :
- Choose the amount of time from 0 to 19 minutes with the BANK knob.
- Start the timer with a gate signal or by pressing the rotary switch.
- The display will countdown and blink once per second until the end of the timer.
- A the end of the timer, the BEND signal will go high (4.5V max, if the BEND knob is fully turned clockwise) and the alarm will ring if the bend switch is ON
While running you can :
- Run silently (mode switch UP),
- Tick every second (mode switch NEUTRAL),
- Tick and have the minutes left spoken (mode switch DOWN).
- Use the BEND switch to set or mute the alarm sound
- Stop the timer by pressing the rotary switch (or using a Gate signal to do so)
Note : The SOUND and BEND pots are not used
Here is how it sounds like :
The code is available here : talko_timer_Hataken.hex
Right click to save it as a .hex file and use Easy uploader to install it into Talko.
The next iteration will have an interface with Processing to display the countdown on a big display.